Jobs @ Council
Leave the city rat race behind you and enjoy the Berrigan Shire lifestyle
- Located on the Murray River
- Excellent health & educational facilities
- Golfers paradise
- Close to major regional centres
- Two hours drive to the snowfields
- Only three hours from Melbourne
- Sunny clear days to enjoy your leisure time
The Council is seeking applications for the position of Revenue Officer who is responsible for the effective day to day operations of the rates team and accurately coordinating the issue and collection of rating activities, while providing a high level of customer service to the public and the organisation. This role supervises and mentors a small team.
The position is classified as Band 13 within Council’s salary structure with a salary range from $59,364 to $64,707 per annum plus statutory superannuation, with actual salary to be based on qualifications and experience and in accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2010.
The successful applicant will have the following:
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including oral and written communication skills
- Conceptual, analytical and creative skills including the ability to identify relevant issues and priorities
- Superior attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret legislation and other regulations.
Demonstrated experience in local government rating, associated policies, debt collection and an understanding of land valuations as they apply to Council rates is highly desirable.
Applicants should obtain a detailed position description and application form which are available below or by phoning Karen Hanna on (03) 5888 5100. If you wish to discuss this position further, please contact Matthew Hansen on the above number.
Applications close at 4:00pm on Monday, 3 June 2013, and should be marked
“Confidential-REVENUE OFFICER” and forwarded to:
The General Manager
Berrigan Shire Council
PO Box 137
BERRIGAN NSW 2712
Or to: email@example.com
Position Description - Revenue Officer
~ Berrigan Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer ~
Berrigan Shire Council also provides access to scholarships for students undertaking tertiary studies who live in the Berrigan Shire.
For details on the Berrigan Shire Local Government Scholarship and the Berrigan Shire Council Accommodation Scholarship please click here.