Information about Coronavirus and Berrigan Shire Council
COVID-19 Service Changes
Berrigan Shire Council has continued to monitor the evolving situation relating to COVID-19, in particular any and all advice from the Australian Government and NSW Department of Health and at present have undertaken the following measures:
• The Council administration office is closed to the public. Payments to the Council can still be made via mail, BPay, the Council website or by telephone
• The Bendigo Bank agency will be open between 1:30pm and 3:30pm. Bank staff have been instructed to handle bank transactions and enquiries only
• All Berrigan Shire Library Service branches are closed - including after-hours room use by community groups. Library staff are providing a click & collect service
• All Berrigan Shire Council controlled halls and community buildings are closed
• All street stalls booked through the Council are cancelled until further notice
• The Council has postponed its Youth Week activities indefinitely
• The Tocumwal splashpark and Barooga splashpad are closed until Spring
• Public BBQ’s are operational once more
• Playgrounds and Skateparks are now reopened, except for the playgrounds at Hayes and Apex Parks in Berrigan which are under construction. Berrigan Skatepark is open.
• Finley Showgrounds and Town Beach have been closed until further notice. The entrance to town beach has been physically closed to vehicles
• All toilets are open once more except those at Hayes Park Berrigan which remain closed due to refurbishment works
• Council’s waste management facilities are still opening as usual
• Council’s kerbside waste collection service will continue as normal
Use public equipment with caution - wash hands before and after use and, if possible, wipe surfaces down before use; assume the person before you might have the virus.
Maintain physical distancing at all times and do not go out if you are sick.