Home-based Food Businesses

All home-based food businesses must notify and register with Berrigan Shire Council prior to operating.

Like all food businesses, home-based businesses must meet legislative requirements as other retail food businesses and comply with the relevant parts of the Food Standard's Code.

If your home-based business does not retail food direct to the customer (i.e. only sell to other businesses such as a cafe, supermarket or restaurant to on-sell), then you need to notify the NSW Food Authority.